Effective date: July 1, 2015
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Shuttersong account.
- As a convenience to you, Shuttersong also allows you to register and sign in to the Service using user credentials from Facebook Connect, a third-party Social Media Application. If you choose to register or sign in to the Service using these credentials you should review their business practices and privacy policies. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party services, websites or businesses and their privacy policies are likely to be different than ours.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Shuttersong.
- User Content (e.g., Shuttersong files, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Shuttersong, including but not limited to support requests, security notices, reported images, product feedback and account settings.
Information To Find Your Friends on Shuttersong:
- You can find your friends on Shuttersong either through (i) a search of names and usernames on Shuttersong, (ii) your contacts list, or (iii) through third-party social media sites.
- If you choose to find your friends (i) through a search of names or usernames on Shuttersong then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- If you choose to find your friends through (ii) your device's contacts list, then Shuttersong will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Shuttersong.
- Note about "Invite Friends" feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Shuttersong does not have access to or control this communication.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with the Service we automatically collect anonymous information about you through the use of "cookies." "Cookies" are identifiers we transfer to your computer or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and enable us to remember you for future visits, to ensure that your Shuttersong images are uploaded smoothly, and to enable new features of the App that may require cookies. You will not be able to sign in to the App without having cookies enabled.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us validate installation of the software, measure traffic and usage trends for the Service, and to report failures or other issues. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Shuttersong.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others to provide reports or personalized content. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- We may also collect metadata, which is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
HOW WE CAN USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the Shuttersong application on your device
HOW WE CAN SHARE YOUR DATA
Shuttersong does not sell or rent your personal data to any third-party without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Shuttersong is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you choose to make your account Private, only users that you approve will be able to see your User Content. Changing your settings from Private to Public will make all previously private User Content available to be searched, seen or shared publicly.
- If you remove information or content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service. Removing information or content from the Service does not remove that information or content from any third-party service that you have chosen to share it to.
What happens in the event of a change of control:Personal Information
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
- Shuttersong takes reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. All Personal Information submitted by you through the Service is encrypted with secure server software to protect it from unauthorized access. Shuttersong works to protect the security of Personal Information during transmission by using software that encrypts the information that is transmitted. Shuttersong also has appropriate security measures in place within its database and physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information that has been collected through the Service. These measures include limiting the number of people who have physical access to Shuttersong's database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access.
- Shuttersong does not provide any of your Personal Information to any non-agent third parties, other than to protect the interests or safety of Shuttersong
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Shuttersong, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Shuttersong make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile settings:
- Update your account at any time by signing into the Service and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Change your push notification settings by enabling Shuttersong under the push notification tab on your device settings.
Your privacy settings:
- You can choose to make your account Private by signing into the Service and changing your privacy settings in your Profile.
- Only friends who request to view your Content, and whom you approve will be able to search for, see, share or comment on your Content. You can revoke this approval at any time by “unfollowing” them from your friend list.
- Only approve requests from people that you know because they can reshare your Content, take screenshots of it and share outside of the Service, make comments about the Content that others might be offended by, or use information about you in unintended ways.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Shuttersong, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- If the account was terminated or deactivated as part of a criminal investigation, Shuttersong, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for as long as required by law enforcement or other authorities.
- To delete your account send an email to email@example.com with “Delete” in the subject line. Depending on support volume it may take between 5-7 business days to respond to your request. If this is an emergency contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they will assist you based on their protocols.
HOW TO VIEW OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
Upon request, Shuttersong will grant you reasonable access to Personal Information that it holds about you, and Shuttersong will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. To request this information email us at email@example.com.
Shuttersong does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor under the age of 18 and want to have your child’s account deleted, email email@example.com and they will provide the necessary paperwork. If this is an emergency, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they will assist you based on their protocols..
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Shuttersong User, email us at email@example.com. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
HOW TO CONTACT US